Our objective is to preserve our clients’ wealth in real terms through investment management and tax efficiency. We have been entrusted to manage in excess of €1.3 billion of private client funds (as at May 2011).
Our investment philosophy is based on the following core principles:
- We recognise that each of our clients has different needs, objectives and aspirations. Our clients' portfolios are strategically built around each unique situation. This approach gives our clients greater peace of mind knowing that their assets are being managed specifically in accordance with their individual objectives.
- We are independent and do not have any proprietary funds. We are therefore free to select the most appropriate holdings for our clients within the recommended structure, who trust in our ability to work impartially on their behalf and only in their best interests.
- We involve our clients in all investment decisions, giving them the power of sanction and veto. This means that our clients are fully involved and reassured on an on-going basis.
- We acknowledge the importance of building a long term solid relationship with each of our clients. This gives our clients greater confidence in what we do.
KEY ELEMENTS OF OUR PORTFOLIO STRUCTURES
- Asset allocation driven – top-down approach
- Work with specialists at sector level
- Diversification – establish and maintain an appropriate spread of investments in order to manage risk effectively
- Liquidity - highly liquid and accessible portfolio structures
- Transparency – all transactions and holdings are clearly understood, documented and available to clients
- Flexibility – ability to align individual client portfolio on an on-going basis in line with market movements, developments and changes in client circumstances
OUR APPROACH TO RISK MANAGEMENT
“Risk in itself is not bad. What is bad is risk that is mismanaged, misunderstood, mispriced, or unintended.”
- All of our advisers are qualified and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
- We regularly assess and review portfolios together with clients in order to maintain the strategy in line with their risk profile, objectives and financial situation.
- All of our investment advice is compliance checked and approved before it is issued.
- We use investment platforms offering the strongest level of investor protection.
- Diversification of assets is an important consideration in each of our portfolios.
- We use regulated investments to reduce risk of fraud, mismanagement, mispricing and illiquidity.
- Use of funds to provide greater diversification that would otherwise be difficult to achieve
Investment process with a difference…
- Work with clients to build a full understanding of their needs, objectives, time scales and tolerance to risk.
- Individual research is conducted on behalf of the client - strategy devised.
- Written proposal to the client fully explaining the proposal, rationale, risks and costs involved.
- Following agreement with the client, the investment portfolio and tax structure are established.
- Together with the client, on-going re-assessment and reviews of the investment strategy and holdings.