The Portuguese tax and legal system is different from that in the UK and many other countries. Many people who have moved to Portugal or are planning to do so may inadvertently find it potentially quite expensive from a tax perspective, particularly if they are higher earners. What they often do not realise, however, is that they may be able to take advantage of Portuguese tax compliant opportunities to protect their assets from taxation in Portugal.
As with any wealth and estate planning, the starting point is to understand what the rules are and then establish if there are ways to minimise the personal impact of them and if you can use the rules to your benefit.
For example, Blevins Franks will explain how your investment capital and income is taxed in Portugal, and explore the most tax efficient ways of holding your investments. We will also look at your liability to UK inheritance tax.
WHY CHOOSE BLEVINS FRANKS?
- Besides our head office in the UK we have Partners living locally in Portugal. This means we are able to provide initial and ongoing advice to help you reduce tax on your wealth and help you structure your assets in the most efficient manner, whether you are at the planning stages of moving to Portugal, or you are already living in Portugal, or if you are considering a return to the UK.
- Blevins Franks Financial Management Limited is authorised in the UK by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for the conduct of investment and pension business.
- We have first hand and up to date knowledge of the ever changing Portuguese tax regulations, as well as the opportunities available to reduce your tax liabilities.
- We offer Trustee services through Blevins Franks Trustees Limited, which is based at our Head Office in Malta.
- We take a holistic approach to protecting your wealth as we are able to give you integrated advice covering your Portuguese assets, your UK assets and any assets you own elsewhere.
- We provide a personal, ongoing, customer focused service and do not treat our clients as account numbers.
- So far we have been providing trusted services for over 35 years. We are here to guide you and your wealth today; in the future as your circumstances and objectives change, and eventually to help your spouse/partner and family when they inherit your assets.