The Maltese tax system is different from that in the UK and many other countries, particularly for non domiciled individuals. People who have moved to Malta or are planning to do so can find that there are significant tax advantages to living in Malta and many opportunities to protect their assets from taxation in Malta.
As with any wealth and estate planning, the starting point is to understand what the rules are and then establish how you can use them to your benefit.
For example, Blevins Franks will explore the new High Net Worth Individuals Scheme for expatriates in Malta and consider if this is the most tax efficient approach for you.
WHY CHOOSE BLEVINS FRANKS
- We have offices and qualified advisers in both Malta and the UK. This means we are able to provide initial and ongoing advice to help you reduce tax on your wealth and help you structure your assets in the most efficient manner, whether you are at the planning stages of moving to Malta, or you are already living in Malta, or if you are considering a return to the UK.
- Blevins Franks Financial Management Limited is authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for the conduct of investment and pension business. We are authorised to give advice in Malta through the EU Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD) – we are a UK company with an office in Malta. All our advisers in Malta are professionally qualified.
- We have first hand and up to date knowledge of the ever changing Maltese tax regulations, as well as the opportunities available to reduce your tax liabilities.
- We take a holistic approach to protecting your wealth as we are able to give you integrated advice covering your Maltese assets, your UK assets and any assets you own elsewhere.
- We provide a personal, ongoing, customer focused service and do not treat our clients as account numbers.
- So far we have been providing trusted services for over 35 years. We are here to guide you and your wealth today; in the future as your circumstances and objectives change, and eventually to help your spouse/partner and family when they inherit your assets.