Moving Overseas, Repatriating or UK Resident
Moving overseas, repatriating, or UK resident
UK RESIDENT INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES
With the UK now a high tax country, effective tax planning is even more important for individuals looking to preserve their wealth and pass assets on to their children and other beneficiaries as tax efficiently as possible. The constant changes in tax regulations can make this a minefield, but there are still opportunities available to lower your tax liabilities.
British companies may also be able to mitigate corporation tax as well as create tax benefits for the directors and staff.
UK RESIDENTS PLANNING TO MOVE OVERSEAS
Many people who move abroad wait until they are resident in their new country before seeking tax mitigation advice. In certain jurisdictions this does not create much of an issue but in others it can remove some of the most tax effective solutions available to them. You therefore need to establish what your tax liabilities will be before you leave the UK, as well as how you may be able to legitimately lower taxation on your income, savings, investments, pensions and estate. Many countries which are considered high tax jurisdictions are actually tax havens if you know exactly how the system works. This includes the popular European retirement destinations of France, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and Malta.
BRITISH EXPATRIATES PLANNING TO RETURN TO THE UK
By carrying out the appropriate tax and wealth management planning prior to returning to the UK, British expatriates can often benefit from tax advantages once they have returned that would not otherwise be ordinarily achievable by UK residents.
WHY BLEVINS FRANKS?
- We have fully qualified tax advisers, who are members of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, who can advise you on UK tax, as well as giving you tax advice if you are moving to another country; already living overseas; planning to buy assets in another country or thinking about a return to the UK.
- We continually research and monitor UK and international tax changes and have first hand and up to date knowledge of tax regulations and the opportunities available to reduce your liabilities.
- Besides our offices in the City of London we are present in Spain, France, Portugal, Cyprus and Malta.
- We have our own trust company, Blevins Franks Trustees Limited, which is based at our Head Office in Malta.
- We provide a personal, ongoing, customer focused service and do not treat our clients as account numbers.
- So far we have been providing trusted services for over 35 years. We are here to guide you and your wealth today; in the future as your circumstances and objectives change, and eventually to help your spouse and family when they inherit your assets
- For business owners, we provide tax mitigation and pre-business sale planning designed to maximise tax benefits on sale and exit from the UK and to ensure that entry to a new tax regime is tax efficient. Many of our clients are also directors of UK companies and we provide a tax advisory service which focuses on tax planning for our UK corporate clients, in particular corporation tax mitigation and pre-business sale planning.